Experienced Concrete Coatings Contractors
Concrete is everywhere – from floors to foundations – and used extensively in residential, commercial and industrial applications. Often it is left untreated and unremarkable, dull, dingy and gray. However, more and more buildings and homes are benefitting from a process that reveals what lies beneath a dirty surface: an aesthetically pleasing, easy to maintain and tough polished façade that turns the lowliest concrete pad into a superstar.
Concrete polishing is not new. If you have been to any sports stadium or big box retailer, you most likely walked on polished concrete coatings without even realizing it. Yet it is also popping up in residential driveways and patios, hotels and hospitals, government buildings, commercial businesses and industrial settings. The uses for concrete polishing are limited only by your imagination – and possibly your budget. Still, polished concrete is often more inexpensive compared to other floor treatments and lasts longer than concrete coatings.
Concrete coatings on floors can by polished to a very low shine just to keep them easy to clean or they can be polished to a mirror like surface that will reflect light and truly creates a beautiful sight. Concrete polishing is not just for commercial or industrial use, many homeowners are catching onto the appeal of polished concrete which can receive dye to look like natural stone. Polished floors are the ultimate no-wax flooring material. Easy to maintain, low cost, limitless options and superior durability.
Why polished concrete coatings?
You might think that concrete floor coatings are an unnecessary waste of time and money on a merely aesthetic issue. However, there are many reasons why your home, retail business, government office or industrial site should polish its concrete. Consider these key points.
- Longevity – Polished concrete typically lasts up to seven times longer than surface sealed concrete, and lasts 20 to 30 years overall
- Low cost – Polished concrete supports heavy foot or vehicle traffic and does not need to be periodically replaced like other flooring systems
- Low maintenance – If you have a mop and a gentle soap, you have all the tools you need to keep your polished concrete clean. Its sealed surface repels contaminants like dirt, oil, grease, moss and mildew
- Looks – Polish your concrete to a simple low shine or a dazzling mirrored gloss. Revealing the stones inside the concrete (aggregate) provides a riverbed or terrazzo effect that easily competes with the looks of marble or granite
- Limitless options – Colors, shells, glass and metal pieces can all be added to enhance the look of an already amazing polished concrete surface
- LEED – Polished concrete meets Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design requirements. If your facility is aiming for a LEED Gold or LEED Silver certification, polished concrete is one way to help achieve it
- Light – Polished concrete improves the ambient light level in your building by reflecting light back off the floor instead of absorbing it
Give your concrete a facelift
Custom Coatings Inc. is a leading concrete coatings contractor serving clients across six states, from Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, Tennessee and Virginia. As a provider of concrete polishing services and concrete floor coatings, we have the answers for your application specific questions. These are the basic steps we take for most concrete polishing projects.
- Remove any current flooring system and repair concrete damage if necessary
- Grind the concrete surface down with increasingly finer diamond blades while vacuuming up any dust produced
- Apply densifier to close the concrete pores
- Add dye colors as desired
- Polish to specified shine level
- Seal the concrete to repel contaminants
- Apply saw cuts to create the look of any size tile
- Apply custom graphics or engravings
The Custom Coatings Difference
Why should you pick Custom Coatings over other concrete coatings contractors? Custom Coatings’ long-tenured employee craftsmen are full-time members of the team, not subcontractors. They are fully screened, qualified professionals from a drug-free workplace with initial and ongoing drug testing. Here are a few more important reasons to choose Custom Coatings:
- Our employees receive thorough safety training to protect themselves, you and your structure or facility. They work only with the proper personal protective equipment starting on day one of your project.
- We use only state-of-the-art concrete polishing systems, application methods and equipment.
- We provide every client with a clear, detailed proposal and maintain excellent communications throughout your project until it is completed.
Custom Coatings Inc., is a leading concrete polishing and concrete coatings contractor with broad experience that also includes industrial concrete floor coatings and residential applications. Established in 1991 by President Joe Brindle, Custom Coatings has worked for over 23 years providing high quality expertise with outstanding service and results for their clients. Contact them today for your next concrete floor coatings project.