Industrial and Residential Floor Coating Service
Industrial floor coatings have many advantages and provide benefits that impact safety, quality and the bottom line. Whatever your business, chances are that floor coatings – and industrial floor coating contractors who install them – can address a range of issues. A few of these include the following characteristics:
- Improved visual appeal – A dirty floor is an immediate turn off to investors, business partners, inspectors and other visitors. Vibrant colors and corporate logos can upgrade the looks of any indoor or outdoor surface.
- Ease of maintenance – Epoxy floor coatings are non-porous, meaning dirt and mold cannot stain them. Spills or overspray can be cleaned up with soap and water or a mop.
- Ease of installation – Epoxy floor coatings can be applied over a wide range of surfaces, from vinyl composition tile, wood, tile and concrete.
- Improved safety – Slip resistant shop floor coating surface keep people and vehicles upright and moving in the right direction.
- Extremely durable – Durable shop floor coatings can withstand heavy equipment like forklifts and extreme hot and cold temperatures, a distinct advantage for cold storage facilities.
Industrial and Commercial Floor Coating Questions
Custom Coatings Inc. is at the forefront of industrial floor coating contractors. As a provider of floor coating services, they help answer the critical questions that should be asked before starting any project. These are some of the important factors to consider when determining which floor coating is right for your specific application:
- Is this simply a cosmetic issue?
- Are there structural problems with the existing floor? Is the current concrete old, cracked, potholed or worn?
- Are there potential safety issues with the existing floor? Is it slippery when wet or have transition issues, snags, gaps or exposed edges that need remediation?
- Is the current floor sound but needs protection from the elements and daily use to increase longevity, prevent deterioration and reduce future replacement costs?
- How important is ease of cleaning and maintenance?
- Will odors, fumes, or dust be a problem for your employees? If so, we will determine the best ways to mitigate these issues.
- How long can the application area be out of use? Epoxy and urethane coatings generally require three to five days before foot, equipment and vehicle traffic may resume.
- Do we need to work nights, weekends and during plant shutdowns to reduce the impact to your business productivity?
Asking the right questions at the beginning of the project ensures your concerns are addressed and the best solutions provided by your industrial floor coating contractor.
Industrial and commercial floor coating services
Custom Coatings’ process for a new floor coating starts with a floor survey and comprehensive inspection. High foot traffic areas and locations that accumulate grease, oil, bacteria, fungus or other contaminants are noted. By employing an experience industrial floor coating contractor, you are ensuring the maximum quality and reliability for you location.
In a typical application, the surface is cleaned by grinding away the surface layer of concrete. This removes contaminations and creates a layer (substrate) acceptable for primer and coatings to adhere. This enables the first coat to penetrate deep into the concrete and creates a firm bond. Concrete grinding is not always necessary and other repairs to restore floor integrity prior to coating are determined on a case by case basis.
After the floor is cleaned the coating is applied. Epoxy floor coatings usually require multiple layers since thinner coats are smoother, more slippery and reveal imperfections in the floor compared to thicker coatings. Both epoxy and urethane systems are perfect for shop floor coating as they are highly resistant to chemicals spills and overspray, temperature extremes, are durable, easily cleaned and easily repaired if damaged.
There are also options for improving traction and overall appearance. Flakes can be mixed in to create a racing style shop floor coating and acetone dyes used to infuse coloring. During the grinding process, large aggregate is exposed in the concrete which does not absorb dyes. This creates a highly unique look in any application. Once applied, the coating begins to set and cures between three and five days.
Why choose Custom Coatings?
What is the Custom Coatings difference? Why should you pick them over other industrial floor coating contractors? As with any company, it starts with the people. Custom Coatings’ long-tenured employee craftsmen are talented, dependable and respected full-time members of the team, not subcontractors. They are fully screened, qualified professionals from a drug-free workplace with initial and ongoing drug testing for your peace of mind. Foremen ensure jobs are completed on budget, on schedule and finished right the first time. Here are a just few more important reasons to choose Custom Coatings:
- Safety is first and foremost on every job, period. Their employees receive thorough safety training to protect themselves, you and your facility. They work only with the proper personal protective equipment starting on day one of your project.
- Custom Coatings uses only state-of-the-art floor coating systems, installation methods and equipment.
- No surprises. Custom Coatings provides clients with clear, detailed proposals and maintains excellent communications throughout your project until it is completed.
With their extensive experience, Custom Coatings is ready and able to tackle the toughest floor coating and shop floor coating jobs in any building or structure, inside and out.
Industrial floor coatings are found in a wide range of applications across the public and private spectrum, and Custom Coatings has successfully completed floor coating projects in many of them. The next time you visit one of these businesses or venues, consider what is beneath your feet.
- Commercial retail stores
- Manufacturing plants and energy production facilities
- Hospitals and healthcare clinics
- Food and pharmaceutical processing plants
- Agricultural facilities and warehouses
- Restaurants, breweries, commercial kitchens and cafeterias
- Car dealerships, repair shops and parking garages
- Stadiums and athletic training facilities
- University research facilities
- Airports and conference centers
Custom Coatings Inc., is a leading industrial floor coating contractor with broad experience that also includes commercial and residential applications. Our coatings work on virtually any type of flooring material. Established in 1991 by President Joe Brindle, Custom Coatings has worked for over 23 years providing high quality flooring, roofing and painting expertise with outstanding service and results for their clients. Contact us today for your next floor coating project.